TC50 reveals top 10 tower crane-owning companies in North America
21 August 2023
The top 10 tower crane-owning companies in North America were revealed in American Cranes and Transport’s August issue with its 18th annual Tower Crane 50. The top 10 companies were as follows:
1. Morrow Equipment. Having held the number one spot since the ACTTowerCrane50 was created, Morrow Equipment leads the pack with an impressive fleet of 592 units. The top-ranking company increased its fleet by 29 tower cranes over the past year. Morrow has 22 depots and 369 employees. It’s largest crane is a Liebherr 710 HC-L 32/64, the third largest tower crane on the list.
2. Maxim Crane Works. Maxim Crane Works managed to secure the number two spot again this year. While only growing its fleet by three units, the company still owns an impressive 337 tower cranes and boasts the highest number of employees at 2,892.
3. Uperio North America. Based in Manassas, VA, Uperio reported an impressive fleet of 140 tower cranes. The company’s largest crane is a Potain MD 569 with a capacity of 25 tons. Last year, Uperio acquired Compass Equipment, and in 2021, P&J Arcomet.
4. ALL Family of Companies. ALL jumped from sixth to fourth place this year, with 104 tower cranes, 31 depots and 1,600 employees. ALL Family of Companies is the largest privately-owned crane rental and sales enterprise in North America.
5. Bigge Crane and Rigging. Based in San Leandro CA, Bigge has 26 branches and 1,081 employees. Its largest tower crane is a Comedil CTT 721-40B which has a lifting capacity of 40 tons. Bigge’s tower crane offerings include a wide variety of flat top, hammerhead, luffing and self-erecting tower cranes.
6. Stafford Soima Crane Group. Stafford has a fleet of 96 tower cranes and the company’s largest unit is a Potain MD 1400. In 2021, Stafford Soima became part of U.S. based Stafford Crane Group, and several new tower crane models are currently in development.
7. Leavitt Cranes. Leavitt works in the United States and Canada. With a fleet of 79 tower cranes, the company also has 43 employees and three depots. Leavitt Cranes is a dedicated crane company providing flat top, hammerhead and luffing jib tower cranes.
8. Morwest Crane & Services. A standout newcomer this year breaking into the top 10, Morwest Crane & Services serves clients in Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and British Columbia in Canada and in California, Florida, Nevada, Oregon and Washington in the United States. The company has six depots, 108 employees and a fleet of 74 tower cranes.
9. Creative Lifting Services. CLS has 65 tower cranes in their fleet, the largest being a Saez TLS-65. The company is an exclusive North American distributor of Saez self-erectors and tower cranes and Vicario self-erecting cranes.
10. RMS Cranes. With 53 tower cranes in it’s fleet, RMS has five branches and 320 employees. The company’s largest tower crane is the Potain MR 608, and is hard at work supporting the construction of new structures as American cities continue to grow.
In an impressive turnout for the ACTTowerCrane50, in 2023 the number of tower cranes increased as did other market indicators such as number of branches and number of employees. Our annual tower crane top list has increased by 14 companies since 2020, clocking in at 40 this year, with five newcomers breaking into the ranks.
To see the full TC 50 list and article, please see our digital issue at: https://digimag.americancranesandtransport.com/