Second World Crane Auction coming soon
By Euan Youdale22 September 2010
Online auctioneer IronPlanet will host the second World Crane Auction, in association with KHL Group, on 29 September 2010.
It follows the successful inaugural event, held in June, and will feature more than 75 cranes from around the world, including the USA, Germany, Ireland, Spain and United Arab Emirates.
There will be a range of crane types in the auction, such as, all terrains, crawlers, rough terrains, truck mounted and tower cranes. They will include:
- 2008, Grove RT9130E rough terrain crane, located in Louisiana, USA (#278335)
- Manitowoc 3900 lattice boom crawler crane, located in Texas, USA (#261831)
- 1999, Link Belt LS-248H II, 200 US ton lattice boom crawler crane, located in Florida, USA (#278676)
- 2005, Terex Demag AC80-2 all terrain crane, located in Spain (#260810)
- 1999, Liebherr LTM 1225 hydraulic truck crane, located in Germany (#279632)
The inspection reports for the cranes on sale can be viewed at www.ironplanet.com. They include photographs and detailed information on the visual inspection of key systems and components, along with ratings and notes, images of the equipment, wear-related measurements and oil /fluid samples, when appropriate.
During the online auction, the cranes will be sold to the highest bidder. Prior to auction day, registered bidders can place bids through IronPlanet's PriorityBidSM service which can also automate bidding on the buyer's behalf if the buyer is not able to attend the auction.
More than 80 cranes were sold at the first World Crane Auction in June 2010. It drew buyers from Bolivia, Canada, Columbia, France, Israel, Mexico, Poland, Ukraine, UK and the USA, among others.