Learn key safety lessons at the 2017 World Crane and Transport Summit
By Murray Pollok26 July 2017
Safety in the crane and specialized transport sector will be one of the key themes of the 2017 World Crane and Transport Summit (WCTS) in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, on 7 and 8 November.
Speakers and topics addressing safety will include:
- Hendrik Sarens, director, Sarens - KEYNOTE SPEAKER (Confronting ‘macho’ behaviour in our industry)
- Mike Appling, CEO, TNT Crane & Rigging (Behavioural approach to creating a safety culture )
- Marco van Daal, owner, The Works International (Anatomy of an accident: cranes and specialized transport )
- Gertjan van de Werken, director, Peinemann Kranen (The Juliana Bridge crane accident: the lessons learned)
- Keith Anderson, chief rigging engineer, Bechtel Equipment Operations (Plan for success in lifting and engineered transport)
- Round-table: managing multi-crane lifts (Keith Anderson, Bechtel Equipment Operations, Richard Krabbendam, heavy lift specialist, Klaus Meissner, Terex Cranes and Gertjan van de Werken, Peinemann Kranen)
The Summit is a key meeting place for users and buyers of cranes and specialized transport equipment. Reserve your space at the event by booking now.
WCTS is supported by ESTA and the SC&RA, as well as other crane and transport associations around the world including CICA, Sindipesa and Associpesa.
Gold sponsor is Liebherr and Premier Sponsor is Terex/Demag.
Silver sponsors are Faymonville/Cometto, Goldhofer, Kobelco, Manitowoc, Tii Sales (Scheuerle, Nicolas, Kamag, Tiiger) and Tadano. Supporting sponsors are Blokcam, CASAR, Modulift, Straightpoint and tecsis.