The annual IC50 was the world's first ranking of the industry's crane operating companies and has grown in popularity each year. Entry forms have already been requested for this year and some entries have already been sent in. If your company has not yet taken part, here you have the opportunity to ensure that it takes its rightful position in the listing.
The IC50 figure is obtained by adding together the maximum load moment rating, in tonne-metres, of all wheeled mobile and crawler cranes in your fleet on 1 May 2014. There is a separate section of the form for those taking part in the IC Tower Index listing of tower cranes. Again, the figures you supply should be the total combined load moment rating, in tonne-metres, of all the tower cranes in your fleet, on 1 May 2014.
Copies of the IC50 and IC Tower Index form are available here. Please complete the entry form and submit it by e-mail, fax or post us a hard copy. It is helpful to have a fleet list of all the cranes in your fleet, listed by type, make, model, lifting capacity and so on so please feel free to include one with your completed entry form.
If you have any questions about the forms or if you'd like help with calculating a figure for tonne-metres, please contact the editor, Alex Dahm, by telephone on +44 (0)1892 786206 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please complete and return the forms before the new extended deadline of 12 May 2014.
Editor's notes on the IC50
1. All IC Index and IC Tower Index figures for each crane should be given as a maximum load moment rating in tonne-metres.
2. Tower cranes are not included in the IC50 Index for crawler and wheeled mobile cranes. Please ensure that there are no figures for this equipment in your calculations. If you have tower cranes please complete the separate IC Tower Index section of the entry form.
3. Alternative lifting equipment is no longer included in the IC Index. Please ensure that there are no figures for this equipment in your calculations.
4. Figures in the IC Index for crawler and wheeled mobile cranes should include an allowance for any super lift attachments that you own.
5. The IC Index should include all cranes that are in your fleet as at 1 May this year. Do not include cranes that you have ordered but that have not yet been delivered.
6. To help illustrate the IC50 editorial in the magazine you could send some photographs, perhaps showing your cranes in action, and they will be considered for publication.
7. Please return completed forms by 12 May (deadline extended from 5 May) 2014 at the latest.
Please send your entry forms and pictures to the editor, Alex Dahm, email@example.com or by post to: Alex Dahm, KHL Group, Southfields, Southview Road, Wadhurst, East Sussex TN5 6TP United Kingdom.