$57 million auction for Ritchie Bros
By Niamh Marriott19 April 2022
Ritchie Bros. sold more than 4,400 equipment items and trucks for US$57+ million from its Texas, USA, site during its April auction last week.
The online auction attracted more than 10,000 bidders from 55 countries, with approximately 88 per cent of the equipment being purchased by US buyers, including 44 % purchased by Texans.
The remaining 12 % was purchased by international buyers from countries that included Bolivia, Taiwan, and the Netherlands.
“We continue to see incredibly strong pricing for late-model equipment and trucks,” said Chuck Roberson, regional sales manager at Ritchie Bros.
“We had a fantastic selection of assets available, including part one of a complete dispersal for MDS Boring & Drilling, which included pipelayers, earthmoving equipment, trucks, and trailers.”
Ritchie Bros. has several upcoming online and site events, as well as offering private sales.
Big lots at the Houston sale included:
- 2017 Manitowoc Model 11000-1, 110 US ton capacity crawler crane, sold for $470,000
- 2020 Caterpillar 349FL hydraulic excavator – $460,000
- Three Caterpillar 587T pipelayers – $330,000 each
- 2019 Caterpillar D6T LGP crawler tractor – $290,000
- 2020 Peterbilt 567 8 x 4 truck tractor – $242,500